Latin Business Chronicle asks leading business executives about Latin America's technology outlook for 2009.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
How do you view the technology outlook for Latin America in 2009? Latin Business Chronicle asked the top executives at the Latin America divisions of seven U.S. and European multinational companies. Our panel includes:
- Rodolpho Cardenuto, president and CEO of Latin America for SAP, Germany
- Rui da Costa, managing director for Latin America and Caribbean for Hewlett-Packard, USA
- Julio Gaitan, Senior Director of International Sales, Kyocera Wireless, USA
- Fernando Garcia, vice president for Latin America for American Power Conversion (APC), USA
- Flavio Mansi, President, Latin America, Qualcomm, USA
- Olivier Puech, Latin America vice president for Nokia, Finland
- Hernan Rincon, Latin America president for Microsoft, USA
Latin Business Chronicle: How do you view the technology outlook for Latin America in 2009?
Da Costa: Despite the overall economic downturn, we are cautiously optimistic about 2009.
Garcia: Companies should seize this moment to bet on technology, which will play a dominant role...