Latin Business Chronicle asks leading business executives about Latin America's key technology challenges in 2009.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
What will be the main challenges facing technology in the region in 2009? Latin Business Chronicle asked the top executives at the Latin America divisions of seven U.S. and European multinational companies. Our panel includes:
- Rodolpho Cardenuto, president and CEO of Latin America for SAP, Germany
- Rui da Costa, managing director for Latin America and Caribbean for Hewlett-Packard, USA
- Julio Gaitan, Senior Director of International Sales, Kyocera Wireless, USA
- Fernando Garcia, vice president for Latin America for American Power Conversion (APC), USA
- Flavio Mansi, President, Latin America, Qualcomm, USA
- Olivier Puech, Latin America vice president for Nokia, Finland
- Hernan Rincon, Latin America president for Microsoft, USA
Latin Business Chronicle: What will be the main challenges facing technology in the region in 2009?
Mansi: The current economic situation will be one of the challenges to overcome during 2009, not just in this industry but in general; however the fact that the two largest...