Latin Business Chronicle asks leading experts about Latin America's foreign trade and investment outlook in 2009.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
What impact will the global crisis have on foreign investment in, and trade with, Latin America in 2009? Latin Business Chronicle asked leading experts in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our panel of experts includes:
- Jerry Haar, Associate Dean and Professor in the College of Business Administration, Florida International University, USA
- Beatrice Rangel, president AMLA Consulting, USA
- Adrean Scheid Rothkopf, Executive Vice President of the Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America (AACCLA)
- Peter Rösler, deputy general manager of the German business association Lateinamerika Verein
- Jiang Shixue, Vice President, Chinese Association of Latin American Studies
Ryoji Watanabe, Researcher, Latin America Division, Overseas Research Department, JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization)
Latin Business Chronicle: What impact will the global crisis have on foreign investment in, and trade with, Latin America in 2009?
Rangel: Large infrastructure projects that failed to secure financing in the United States and Europe or from multilateral sources will either be postponed or cancelled altogether. Foreign direct investment will...