Latin Business Chronicle asks leading business executives about Latin America's key challenges in 2009.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
What will be the main challenges facing business in Latin America in 2009? Latin Business Chronicle asked the top executives at the Latin America divisions of nine U.S. and European multinational companies. Our CEO panel includes:
- Rodolpho Cardenuto, president and CEO of Latin America for SAP, Germany
- Roger Crook, CEO, International Americas, DHL Express, USA
- Carlos Garcia, Latin American Regional Head for Novartis, Switzerland
- Fernando Garcia, vice president for Latin America for American Power Conversion (APC), USA
- Maureen Kempston Darkes, President, Latin America, Africa and Middle East, General Motors, USA
- Olivier Puech, Latin America vice president for Nokia, Finland
- Hernan Rincon, Latin America president for Microsoft, USA
- Leo Rodriguez, President of Latin America for Emerson and Emerson Process Management, USA
- John Slater, Vice President, Latin America and the Caribbean, Continental Airlines, USA
Latin Business Chronicle: What will be the main challenges facing business in the region in 2009?
Rincon: There’s no doubt that the current economic situation presents difficult challenges for businesses of all kinds, in every industry. The reality is that there is no “magic bullet” for reducing costs while continuing to deliver the capabilities essential to the business. Just like...