Which country is best for business? Brazil or Mexico? An in-depth comparison of key indicators in both countries.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
Brazil currently dominates the business news out of Latin America, but how does Mexico compare when it come to business opportunities and outlook?
To help answer that question, Latin Business Chronicle took a closer look at these 11 factors:
- GDP size for 2007, 2008 and 2012;
- GDP per capita for 2007, 2008 and 2012;
- Inflation for 2007, 2008 and 2012;
- Doing business indicators (including starting a business and tax regime),
- Capital access for entrepreneurs,
- Economic freedom,
- Technology level and
- Overall business climate.
Brazils GDP is expected to grow an average of 4.2 percent during the five-year period 2008-12, while that of Mexico will grow by 3.7 percent. Brazils economy will grow faster that Mexicos this and next year, but Mexicos GDP will grow faster the following three years. This year, Brazils GDP will likely...