Latin Business Chronicle asks five leading experts about the outlook for 3G in Latin America.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
What is the outlook in Latin America for third-generation telecommunications technology, which enables higher speeds of data transfer on wireless devices? What countries have the greatest potential for 3G demand? Will Latin America be different from other world regions in 3G demand? Latin Business Chronicle asked five leading industry experts. Our panel includes:
- Armando Almeida, Head of Latin America Region for Nokia Siemens Networks
- Peter Olson, vice presient for sales & marketing, Latin America, Ericsson
- Carlos Rivera, vice president for business development in Latin America and Caribbean for Qualcomm.
- Erasmo Rojas, director of Latin America and the Caribbean for 3G Americas
- Celedonio von Wuthenau, Director of Latin America Programs, CDMA Development Group.
How do you view the outlook for 3G in Latin America?
Almeida: We feel 3G will steadily continue to grow in Latin America. Most major operators in the region are already deploying their own 3G projects or...
Keywords: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Telefonica, Telmex, Panama, Peru, Uruguay,Venezuela