What will be the key benefits of doing business in Latin America in 2008? Key executives share their insight.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
What will be the key benefits for companies doing business in Latin America in 2008? Latin Business Chronicle asked 11 leading experts on the region. Our panel includes:
- Peter Cardinal, executive vice president for Latin America, Scotiabank, Canada.
- Rui da Costa, managing director for Latin America and Caribbean, Hewlett-Packard, USA
- Jose Duarte, president and general manager, Latin America, SAP, Germany.
- Jerry Haar, professor of management and international business, Florida International University, USA.
- Bereket Haregot, Vice President, Latin America Global Marketing, Chevron, USA
- Maureen Kempston Darkes, President, Latin America, Africa and Middle East, General Motors, USA
- John Murphy, Executive Vice President, Association of American Chambers of Commerce in Latin America (AACCLA), and Vice President, International Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- John Price, president, InfoAmericas, USA
- Beatrice Rangel, president AMLA Consulting, USA.
- Jose Antonio Rios, Chairman, Global Crossing Latin America, Chairman, Navidad Real Estate Holding, USA.
- Peter Rösler, deputy general manager, Ibero-Amerika Verein, Germany.
Latin Business Chronicle: What will be the key benefits for business in Latin America in 2008?
Da Costa: Strong business fundamentals, economic stability and pragmatic government policies all make Latin America an attractive destination for global investments. These factors, combined with the region’s strong...