Latin Business Chronicle asks leading experts about the Latin America's political outlook for 2008.
BY CHRONICLE STAFF
What is the political outlook for Latin America in 2008? Will there be more instability in countries like Venezuela, Ecuador, Nicaragua and Bolivia? Will there be more populism in Latin America this year? And what is the political outlook in Mexico? Latin Business Chronicle asked five leading Latin America experts.
Our panel includes:
- Peter Hakim, president of the Inter-American Dialogue.
- Susan Kaufman Purcell, director of the Center for Hemispheric Policy at the University of Miami.
- William Ratliff, research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.
- James Roberts, research fellow at the Center for International Trade and Economics at the Heritage Foundation.
- Riordan Roett, director of the Latin American Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies.
Latin Business Chronicle: How do you view the political outlook for Latin America in 2008?
Hakim: There are two...